A major bank in KSA is looking for a Senior Risk Management Specialist
Undertake risk assessment of different types of financing/investment operations covering sovereigns, financial institutions, project finance, corporate finance, equities, funds, etc. The role also includes identification, mitigation, and reporting on credit risk portfolios as well as participating in the development, review, and implementation of credit risk policies, guidelines, methodologies, and solutions, in-line with best business practices.
- Participate in the development and update of credit risk management guidelines, policies, procedures, methodologies, and models, which have direct impact on risk management function.
- Undertake the country risk assessment exercise including the application of associated quantitative and qualitative scoring model, and preparation of country risk report.
- Undertake risk assessment of financing/investment operations related to projects, corporates, financial institutions, equities, funds, etc. including the application of associated quantitative and qualitative scoring models, and independent review of due diligence, financing terms and conditions, risk mitigation, security package, and assignment of exposure limits,
- Participate in due diligence mission related to financing and investment operations.
- Monitor adherence to guidelines and policies at the Group level, report on deviation, and recommend on corrective actions.
- Monitor and analyze the risk profile of the portfolio in terms of credit quality, concentration, capital charge, pricing, and provisioning.
- Represent GRM in relevant financing/investment and other committees and task forces including reviewing the subject proposals/matters in accordance with the guidelines and views of the Department, reporting, and follow-up on recommendations and decisions taken.
- Undertake the preparation of the risk report including data collection and analysis, recommendations, write-up, and presentation.
- Participate in other assignment undertaken by the Department, which may include assisting in IsDB annual rating review exercise and special tasks required by the Management.
- Participate in addressing risk management governance issues at OCR and Affiliates, especially in terms of credit granting processes including committees, and financing/investment decision making.
- Monitor compliance with credit risk management governance requirements including guidelines, policies, procedures, and exposure limits.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of a robust risk management governance framework and reporting for the Group in line with best practices.
- Participate in efforts to promote risk management culture at the Group level.
- Monitor developments in credit risk management and participate in adopting the best business practices in risk management.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on industry, banking, and country risks, etc.
- Identify problems and significantly improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques drawing from personal experiences and feedback.
- Professional certification in risk management -FRM/PRM/CFA or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience in credit risk management and related areas with deep knowledge of theory and best practices.
- Good financial and credit assessment skills.
- Broad understanding of risk modelling techniques including knowledge of risk management software and applications.
- Excellent communication skills and adaptability to different situations with ability to clearly explain facts, practices, policies, etc. to others.
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of Arabic and French is an advantage.
Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics, or a related field